Ratan Tata Calls Demonetisation a 'Bold Act'
A file picture of Ratan Tata. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Tata Sons Chairman Ratan Tata on Tuesday hailed the government's move to demonetise high-value currency notes as a bold act and it will eliminate black money and corruption.
"Demonetisation of old currency notes by the Modi government is a bold act that will wipe out black money and corruption.
It deserves our support," he said in a tweet. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in a surprise move on November 8, had announced that legal tender character of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 stands withdrawn from the following day.
The move was aimed at curbing black money, check circulation of fake currency and terror funding.
Following the announcements, long queues have been seen outside banks for exchanging and depositing the old currency.
Recommended For You
- Bangladesh Cricketer Arrested For Leaking Photos of Girlfriend
- My Book Is Not a Biography on Rajinikanth, Says Aishwarya Dhanush
- Madonna, Scarlett Johansson, Ashley Judd Slam Trump
- Malaysia Masters 2017: Saina Nehwal Wins Grand Prix Gold
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More