Ratan Tata Calls Demonetisation a 'Bold Act'
A file picture of Ratan Tata. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Tata Sons Chairman Ratan Tata on Tuesday hailed the government's move to demonetise high-value currency notes as a bold act and it will eliminate black money and corruption.
"Demonetisation of old currency notes by the Modi government is a bold act that will wipe out black money and corruption.
It deserves our support," he said in a tweet. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in a surprise move on November 8, had announced that legal tender character of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 stands withdrawn from the following day.
The move was aimed at curbing black money, check circulation of fake currency and terror funding.
Following the announcements, long queues have been seen outside banks for exchanging and depositing the old currency.
Recommended For You
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Here's How Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Shedding Her Post-Pregnancy Weight
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It