RBI Allows Rs 50,000 Per Week Withdrawal from Overdraft Accounts
Reserve Bank Of India. (File photo)
Mumbai: Further relaxing cash withdrawal norms, the Reserve Bank on Monday said overdraft and cash credit account holders can now withdraw up to Rs 50,000 in a week.
Earlier, current account holders were allowed to withdraw up to Rs 50,000 in cash, in a week.
"On a review, it has been decided to extend this facility to Overdraft and Cash Credit accounts also," the central bank said.
Accordingly, holders of current/overdraft/cash credit accounts, which are operational for the last three months or more, may now withdraw upto Rs 50,000 in cash, in a week.
However, this enhanced limit for weekly withdrawal is not applicable for personal overdraft accounts.
The Reserve Bank further said the Rs 50,000 withdrawals may be disbursed predominantly in Rs 2,000 denomination bank notes.
Government has taken several decisions to ease withdrawal restrictions for farmers, small traders, Group 'C' employees of Central Government including equivalent levels in the defence and para military forces, railways and CPSEs in the aftermath of the cancellation of the legal tender character of the old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Benched Wayne Rooney Happy to Celebrate League Cup Glory