RBI Asks Banks to Furnish Daily Data on Cash Withdrawals
In a circular on Sunday the Reserve Bank of India asked banks to submit the data in a specific format in contrast to lenders sending it fortnightly.
In this file photo, a person walks past the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) head office in Mumbai. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Sunday asked banks to submit daily amounts of cash withdrawn from over the counter as well as through automated teller machines to help it gather accurate data on the circulation of currency.
In a circular, it asked banks to submit the data in a specific format in contrast to lenders sending it fortnightly.
The RBI and the government have been trying to assuage public anger after Prime Minister Narendra Modi abruptly decided to withdraw large denomination notes in an attempt to uncover many billions of dollars in undeclared wealth.
Recommended For You
- Dunkirk Movie Review: Nolan And Effective Storytelling Make It A Winner
- Renault Lodgy Stepway Test Drive Review – 3 Reasons to Buy/Not to Buy This MPV
- Harbhajan Asks Yuvraj 'Why Are You Peeping Into My Phone'
- [Update]Oppo Punjab Service Team Quits Over “Indians Are Beggars” Statement
- Alia Bhatt Looks Gorgeous In A Black And White, Strapless Prabal Gurung Ensemble