RBI Asks Banks to Furnish Daily Data on Cash Withdrawals
In a circular on Sunday the Reserve Bank of India asked banks to submit the data in a specific format in contrast to lenders sending it fortnightly.
In this file photo, a person walks past the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) head office in Mumbai. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Sunday asked banks to submit daily amounts of cash withdrawn from over the counter as well as through automated teller machines to help it gather accurate data on the circulation of currency.
In a circular, it asked banks to submit the data in a specific format in contrast to lenders sending it fortnightly.
The RBI and the government have been trying to assuage public anger after Prime Minister Narendra Modi abruptly decided to withdraw large denomination notes in an attempt to uncover many billions of dollars in undeclared wealth.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,370.75||-46.50||-1.92|
Recommended For You
- Mithali Raj Graces Vogue Cover With Shah Rukh Khan, Nita Ambani
- JioPhone First Impressions Video Review
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire vs Tata Nexon SUV – Which One to Buy Under Rs 6 Lakhs?
- On Dev Anand's 94th Birth Anniversary, Let's Celebrate 10 Of His Best Acts
- Priyanka Chopra Had 'Best Time' Hosting Global Citizen Festival