DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
RBI chief sees scope to cut interest rates in 2012
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its April-June quarter monetary policy on Tuesday left the key policy rates unchanged.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India has scope to cut interest rates during this calendar year, Governor Duvvuri Subbarao said in a news conference after the central bank's policy review, though he declined to elaborate further.
Subbarao said fiscal measures from the government would not necessarily prompt the central bank to take monetary policy action.
Earlier on Tuesday, the RBI left key policy rates unchanged, citing persistent inflationary pressures.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand