RBI chief sees scope to cut interest rates in 2012
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its April-June quarter monetary policy on Tuesday left the key policy rates unchanged.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India has scope to cut interest rates during this calendar year, Governor Duvvuri Subbarao said in a news conference after the central bank's policy review, though he declined to elaborate further.
Subbarao said fiscal measures from the government would not necessarily prompt the central bank to take monetary policy action.
Earlier on Tuesday, the RBI left key policy rates unchanged, citing persistent inflationary pressures.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her