RBI Intervenes as Rupee Falls to Near Record Low
The RBI was spotted intervening in the foreign exchange market after the rupee fell to as low as 68.8350 per dollar on Thursday.
A policeman sitting in front of RBI office/File photo
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was spotted intervening in the foreign exchange market after the rupee fell to as low as 68.8350 per dollar on Thursday, on the verge of surpassing its previous record low of 68.85 in August 2013, traders said.
The rupee was trading between 68.81 and 68.83 per dollar, compared with its close of 68.56 on Wednesday.
The rupee has been hit hard this month by a rally in the dollar and outflows from emerging markets, as well as worries about the country's demonetisation drive.
Recommended For You
- Lack of Support and Deplorable Condition of the Sport Forces Para-Table Tennis Player to Quit
- Bigg Boss 11: This Is What Hina Has To Say About Her Marriage Plans With Boyfriend Rocky
- Shaitan Haveli Review: Amazon Prime's A-Grade Tribute to B-Grade Horror
- Inaya Sleeping In Her Mother Soha's Arms Will Make You Go Aww; See Pics
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut Look Spectacular In Sabyasachi Sarees; See Pics