RBI Intervenes as Rupee Falls to Near Record Low
A policeman sitting in front of RBI office/File photo
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was spotted intervening in the foreign exchange market after the rupee fell to as low as 68.8350 per dollar on Thursday, on the verge of surpassing its previous record low of 68.85 in August 2013, traders said.
The rupee was trading between 68.81 and 68.83 per dollar, compared with its close of 68.56 on Wednesday.
The rupee has been hit hard this month by a rally in the dollar and outflows from emerging markets, as well as worries about the country's demonetisation drive.
Recommended For You
- Parvez Rasool Eager to Learn Tricks from Ravichandran Ashwin
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year