DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
RBI to consider CAD, macro factors for policy decision
India's current account deficit widened to a record high 6.7 per cent of GDP in the December quarter.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India will take into account macro economic factors and "more importantly" the current account deficit for policy decisions, Governor Duvvuri Subbarao said on Thursday.
He also said high current account deficit is leading to the rupee weakening.
India's current account deficit widened to a record high 6.7 per cent of GDP in the December quarter, driven by heavy oil and gold imports and muted exports, in a worse-than-expected performance.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia