DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
RBI's rate cut will help revive investment: Ahluwalia
The Planning Commission Deputy Chairman said that the economy was beginning to bottom out after a long slowdown.
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India's decision to cut rates will help revive investment in the economy, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission said on Tuesday, adding that the economy was beginning to bottom out after a long slowdown.
The country's central bank reduced its policy interest rate by a widely expected 25 basis points on Tuesday, taking comfort from cooling inflation to make the first rate cut in nine months to support an economy headed for its slowest growth in a decade.
The RBI unexpectedly also reduced the cash reserve ratio (CRR), the share of deposits banks must keep with the central bank by 25 bps to 4 per cent, which will infuse an additional Rs 18,000 crore into the banking system.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO