Reliance Jio signs pact with Bharti for cable network
Earlier in April, Reliance Jio signed a deal worth Rs 12 bn to share Reliance Comm Ltd's fibre optic network to roll out its 4G services.
New Delhi: Reliance Industries' telecommunications arm will use Bharti Airtel's submarine cable network to provide data connectivity across Asia Pacific, the two Indian companies said on Tuesday.
The i2i cable network connects India to Singapore and is wholly owned by Bharti, India's top mobile phone carrier. Bharti and Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, unit of Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries, will continue to build on this "strategic framework" and consider other mutual areas of cooperation and development, they said.
Earlier in April, Reliance Jio signed a deal worth Rs 12 billion to share Reliance Communications Ltd's fibre optic network to roll out its 4G services.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology