DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Reliance Jio signs pact with Bharti for cable network
Earlier in April, Reliance Jio signed a deal worth Rs 12 bn to share Reliance Comm Ltd's fibre optic network to roll out its 4G services.
New Delhi: Reliance Industries' telecommunications arm will use Bharti Airtel's submarine cable network to provide data connectivity across Asia Pacific, the two Indian companies said on Tuesday.
The i2i cable network connects India to Singapore and is wholly owned by Bharti, India's top mobile phone carrier. Bharti and Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, unit of Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries, will continue to build on this "strategic framework" and consider other mutual areas of cooperation and development, they said.
Earlier in April, Reliance Jio signed a deal worth Rs 12 billion to share Reliance Communications Ltd's fibre optic network to roll out its 4G services.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi