DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
RIL to restart crude unit in 1-2 days after fire
RIL will restart a crude unit in 1-2 days after a fire at its older, 660,000 barrels-per-day refinery in Jamnagar.
Singapore: Reliance Industries will restart a crude distillation unit one to two days after a fire at its older, 660,000 barrels-per-day (bpd) refinery in Jamnagar, a company spokesman said on Friday. The fire broke out during maintenance on the unit, which was shut at the time, said Reliance spokesman Tushar Pania.
Pania said the fire was minor and was contained immediately. The company is still investigating the cause of the fire, he said, without providing details of the unit's capacity.
No firm dates have been set yet for a separate planned maintenance at Reliance's newer 580,000 bpd Jamnagar refining complex in January, Pania said.
The company is planning to shut a 13.5 metric tonnes per annum (270,000 bpd) crude distillation unit for about 40 days in January, industry sources have said. It is also planning to shut a 6.5 mmtpa vacuum gasoil hydrotreater unit, one of the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi