Rupee opens at 59.87 per dollar
The rupee fell to as much as 59.93 compared to its Friday close of 59.56/57.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened on Monday as a contraction in factory output and high retail inflation added to concerns about an economy already hurting under a record current account deficit.
The rupee fell to as much as 59.93 compared to its Friday close of 59.56/57. It was trading at 59.87/88 at 9:11 am.
The most traded 8.33 per cent 2026 bond was up 5 basis points at 7.72 per cent.
Economic gloom deepened with a surprise drop in industrial output, a fall in exports and higher retail inflation, according to data released after the close of trading on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion