Rupee gains 19 paise to 51.97 against dollar
The rupee continued to rule firm on persistent dollar selling by banks in view of sustained capital inflows from foreign funds.
Mumbai: The rupee continued to rule firm at 51.97 against the American currency in the later morning trade on persistent dollar selling by banks and exporters in view of sustained capital inflows from foreign funds into the equity market despite firm dollar overseas. The rupee had resumed higher at 52 per dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market and moved in a range of 51.86-52.10, before quoting at 51.97 at 1045 hrs.
Banks and exporters preferred to reduce their dollar position in view of persistent capital inflows from foreign funds into equity market. The BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 175 points, or 0.92 per cent, to 19,043.78 at 1100 hrs on hopes of further economic reforms from the government.
Meanwhile, in New York market, the dollar gained against the euro and rose further versus the Japanese yen on Wednesday after a pair of US economic reports came in better than
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM