Rupee near 6-month high; reform moves boost
At 9.02 am local time, the rupee was at 51.43/45 as against 51.74/75 Thursday close.
Mumbai: The rupee rose to a near six-month high in opening trade on Friday after the government took more reform measures to attract foreign investment. India's cabinet approved bills on Thursday to attract foreign investment into insurance and pensions among new measures to restore confidence in the economy, although the reforms will face a tough fight in parliament.
Positive global risk sentiment and a stronger euro also aided gains, dealers said.
At 9.02 am local time, the rupee was at 51.43/45 as against 51.74/75 Thursday close. It rose to 51.32, its highest since April 13.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video