Rupee recovers 6 paise against dollar in early trade
Rupee had lost 19 paise to close at 54.76 against the dollar on Friday on weak industrial production data.
Mumbai: The rupee on Monday recovered by six paise to 54.70 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on selling of the US currency by exporters and banks. Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas after ECB chief Mario Draghi's positive comments last week about the euro-zone's outlook and a higher opening in the local equity market also supported the rupee.
The rupee had lost 19 paise to close at 54.76 against the dollar on Friday on weak industrial production data and rising trade deficit due to fall in exports. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 66.70 points, or 0.34 per cent, to 19,730.34 in early trade on Monday.
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- UN Aid Chief Warns of 'Unparalleled' Catastrophe in Aleppo
- Haunting Image Of Syrian Boy Rescued From Rubble Show True Horrors Of Aleppo