Rupee recovers 6 paise against dollar in early trade
Rupee had lost 19 paise to close at 54.76 against the dollar on Friday on weak industrial production data.
Mumbai: The rupee on Monday recovered by six paise to 54.70 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on selling of the US currency by exporters and banks. Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas after ECB chief Mario Draghi's positive comments last week about the euro-zone's outlook and a higher opening in the local equity market also supported the rupee.
The rupee had lost 19 paise to close at 54.76 against the dollar on Friday on weak industrial production data and rising trade deficit due to fall in exports. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 66.70 points, or 0.34 per cent, to 19,730.34 in early trade on Monday.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released