DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee down 18 paise against dollar in early trade
Increased demand for the dollar from banks and importers also put pressure on the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Wednesday lost 18 paise to 54.79 against the US dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency against the euro overseas and a weak opening in the domestic equity market. Increased demand for the dollar from banks and importers also put pressure on the rupee.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to dollar gains against the euro overseas after a top European official warned the euro currency had climbed into the danger zone and a lower opening in the stock market.
The rupee had closed 12 paise lower at 54.61 a dollar in Tuesday's trade on heavy demand for the American currency. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex was down by 18.32 points, or 0.09 per cent, at 19,965.46 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835