Rupee up by 7 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said dollar selling by exporters and a higher opening in the equity market mainly boosted the rupee sentiment.
Mumbai: The rupee on Wednesday rose by seven paise to 53.78 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on selling of the US currency amid increased capital inflows. Forex dealers said dollar selling by exporters and a higher opening in the equity market mainly boosted the rupee sentiment.
The local currency had closed stable at 53.85 against the dollar on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose further by 88.51 points, or 0.45 per cent, to 19,649.55 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks