DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee down 12 paise against dollar in early trade
The rupee had edged up by just three paise to close at 53.82 against the US dollar amid mild dollar selling by exporters in Wednesday's trade.
Mumbai: The rupee declined by 12 paise to 53.94 against the dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market in early trade on Thursday on fresh demand for the American currency from banks.
Forex dealers said fresh demand for the US dollar from banks mainly put pressure on the rupee but a higher opening in the equity market restricted the loss. The rupee had edged up by just three paise to close at 53.82 against the US dollar amid mild dollar selling by exporters in Wednesday's trade.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose further by 19.71 points, or 0.10 per cent, to 19,627.79 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia