Rupee hits new record low, near key 56-level
The rupee fell to a new record low in early trade on Wednesday, approaching the key psychological level of 56.
Mumbai: Rupee resumes fall, now at 55.82/83 per dollar, moments after hitting a new record low at 55.84 to approach the key psychological level of 56.
Fall comes despite RBI intervention earlier in the session pushed rupee to 55.52. Traders call the action 'mild', say they expect further falls in rupee.
Traders expect some dollar selling from exporters to emerge around 55.80 levels.
The rupee fell as much as to 55.82 to the dollar. It had closed at 55.39/40 on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right