Rupee up by 8 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the American currency in the overseas market also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Wednesday appreciated by eight paise to 54.10 against the US dollar on the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market in early trade on increased foreign fund flows amid firm local equities.
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the American currency in the overseas market also supported the rupee. The local unit had closed higher at 54.18 against the dollar on Monday.
Forex market was closed on Tuesday for 'Shivaji Jayanti'. Meanwhile, the 30-share BSE Sensex rose by 106.70 points, or 0.54 per cent, to 19,742.42 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology