DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up by 8 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the American currency in the overseas market also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Wednesday appreciated by eight paise to 54.10 against the US dollar on the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market in early trade on increased foreign fund flows amid firm local equities.
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the American currency in the overseas market also supported the rupee. The local unit had closed higher at 54.18 against the dollar on Monday.
Forex market was closed on Tuesday for 'Shivaji Jayanti'. Meanwhile, the 30-share BSE Sensex rose by 106.70 points, or 0.54 per cent, to 19,742.42 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings