DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee down 25 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said dollar's gain against other currencies overseas also weighed on the rupee sentiment.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday depreciated by 25 paise to 54.32 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to renewed demand for the US currency, amid weak equities. Forex dealers said dollar's gain against other currencies overseas also weighed on the rupee sentiment.
The local unit had ended 11 paise higher at 54.07 on Wednesday due to persistent dollar selling by exporters and moderate capital inflows, amid reports of low volumes due to the ongoing two-day bank union strike.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex down by 140.52 points, or 0.71 per cent, to 19,502.23 in the early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017