Rupee down 25 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said dollar's gain against other currencies overseas also weighed on the rupee sentiment.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday depreciated by 25 paise to 54.32 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to renewed demand for the US currency, amid weak equities. Forex dealers said dollar's gain against other currencies overseas also weighed on the rupee sentiment.
The local unit had ended 11 paise higher at 54.07 on Wednesday due to persistent dollar selling by exporters and moderate capital inflows, amid reports of low volumes due to the ongoing two-day bank union strike.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex down by 140.52 points, or 0.71 per cent, to 19,502.23 in the early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology