Rupee gains 19 paise against dollar in early trade
The rupee had lost 23 paise to end at 54.09 in Tuesday's trade due to month-end dollar demand.
Mumbai The rupee appreciated by 19 paise to Rs 53.90 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on Wednesday on selling of the US currency by exporters.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said. The rupee had lost 23 paise to end at 54.09 in Tuesday's
trade due to month-end dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 79.18 points, or 0.42 per cent, to 19,094.32 in early trade.
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- Mi Air Purifier 2 Review: Xiaomi's Silent Ninja Against Pollution
- Ink Thrown at Union Minister JP Nadda in AIIMS Bhopal
- Avoid Blame Game, Coordinate to Fight Chikungunya: Centre to AAP
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan