DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee gains 19 paise against dollar in early trade
The rupee had lost 23 paise to end at 54.09 in Tuesday's trade due to month-end dollar demand.
Mumbai The rupee appreciated by 19 paise to Rs 53.90 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on Wednesday on selling of the US currency by exporters.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said. The rupee had lost 23 paise to end at 54.09 in Tuesday's
trade due to month-end dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 79.18 points, or 0.42 per cent, to 19,094.32 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835