Rupee up 11 paise vs dollar in early trade
A strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in other currencies overseas also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday appreciated by 11 paise to 54.75 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on selling of the US currency by exporters. Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in other currencies against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained three paise to end at 54.86 on Monday on late dollar selling by some exporters and custodian banks.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 151.39 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 19,029.35 in early trade.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Replace Mahira, Fawad In Raees and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Demands MNS
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution