Rupee up 11 paise vs dollar in early trade
A strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in other currencies overseas also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday appreciated by 11 paise to 54.75 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on selling of the US currency by exporters. Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in other currencies against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained three paise to end at 54.86 on Monday on late dollar selling by some exporters and custodian banks.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 151.39 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 19,029.35 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology