Rupee down 4 paise against dollar in late morning trade
The rupee resumed lower at 54.35 per dollar as against the last closing level of 54.28 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market.
Mumbai: Erasing early gains, the rupee on Friday fell by four paise to 54.32 in late morning trade due to good dollar demand from importers amid weak local equity market.
The rupee resumed lower at 54.35 per dollar as against the last closing level of 54.28 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market. It moved down further to 54.36 before quoting 54.32 per dollar at 1050 hrs. It moved in a range of 54.26 and 54.36 per dollar during the morning deals.
In New York, the euro fell on Thursday trading at a fourth- month low level against the US dollar as debt-troubled Cyprus worked to meet a bailout-related deadline, and as a purchasing-managers' index pointed to a deepening economic downturn in the euro zone.
Meanwhile, oil prices were mixed in Asia early Friday on fears of a possible default by Cyprus as the European Central Bank said it would halt funding to lenders if a new bailout deal was not found, analysts said.
New York's main contract, light sweet crude for delivery in May added 11 cents to USD 92.56 a barrel. Meanwhile, the BSE-30 share index, Sensex, dropped by 30.68 points, or 0.16 per cent, quoting 18,762.19 at 1050 hrs.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology