DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up by 24 paise against dollar in early trade
The rupee had shed 5 paise to close at 54.33 in the previous session on Friday's trade.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by 24 paise to 54.09 against the US dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Monday on sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks and increased capital inflows.
Besides, strengthening of euro and other currencies against the dollar in overseas market and higher opening in equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said. The rupee had shed 5 paise to close at 54.33 in the previous session on Friday's trade.
The BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 148 points, or 0.79 per cent, to 18,883.60 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes