Rupee down 16 paise against dollar in early trade
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased capital outflows by foreign funds and a lower opening in the stock market.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday lost 16 paise to 54.59 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to continued capital outflows and increased demand from importers for the US currency. Besides, dollar's gains against euro overseas also put pressure on the rupee.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased capital outflows by foreign funds and a lower opening in the stock market. The rupee had weakened by 17 paise to close at three-week low of 54.43 a dollar in Wednesday's trade.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex was down by 172.94 points, or 0.92 per cent, at 18,628.70 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"