Rupee up by 8 paise against dollar in early trade
Besides, strengthening of euro against the dollar in overseas market and a higher opening in the equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Mumbai: The rupee edged higher by 8 paise to 54.73 against the US dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Monday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks. Besides, strengthening of euro against the dollar in overseas market and a higher opening in the equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained 6 paise to close at 54.81 in the previous session on Friday's trade.
The BSE benchmark Sensex recovered by 43.49 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 18,493.72 in early trade on Monday.
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand