DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up 13 paise vs dollar in early trade
A strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in the euro against the dollar overseas supported the rupee.
Mumbai: Rising for the third straight day, the rupee on Tuesday appreciated further by 13 paise to 54.43 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on sustained selling of the US currency by exporters.
Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in the euro against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained 25 paise to end at 54.56 against the dollar on Monday. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 73.45 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,511.24 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morris Sends Back Buttler
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish