Rupee up 13 paise vs dollar in early trade
A strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in the euro against the dollar overseas supported the rupee.
Mumbai: Rising for the third straight day, the rupee on Tuesday appreciated further by 13 paise to 54.43 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on sustained selling of the US currency by exporters.
Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in the euro against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained 25 paise to end at 54.56 against the dollar on Monday. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 73.45 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,511.24 in early trade on Monday.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- DDoS attacks on Dyn, Amazon services shut down Twitter, Other Websites in US East