Rupee up 13 paise vs dollar in early trade
A strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in the euro against the dollar overseas supported the rupee.
Mumbai: Rising for the third straight day, the rupee on Tuesday appreciated further by 13 paise to 54.43 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on sustained selling of the US currency by exporters.
Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in the euro against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained 25 paise to end at 54.56 against the dollar on Monday. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 73.45 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,511.24 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test