DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up 15 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday rose by 15 paise to 54.06 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange as the US currency weakened against euro overseas amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market. Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
The rupee had closed 7 paise down at 54.21 against the dollar in the previous session on weakness in domestic equities amid strong dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 74.46 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,805.62 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish