Rupee up 15 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday rose by 15 paise to 54.06 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange as the US currency weakened against euro overseas amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market. Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
The rupee had closed 7 paise down at 54.21 against the dollar in the previous session on weakness in domestic equities amid strong dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 74.46 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,805.62 in early trade on Thursday.
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Amazon Great Indian Festive Sale: Top 5 Deals on Smartphones
- I'm the Only Top Actress Who Has Done B-grade Films: Kangana Ranaut
- Watch: Ajay Devgan Takes Tough Stand On Pakistan Artistes