Rupee up 15 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday rose by 15 paise to 54.06 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange as the US currency weakened against euro overseas amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market. Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
The rupee had closed 7 paise down at 54.21 against the dollar in the previous session on weakness in domestic equities amid strong dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 74.46 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,805.62 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner