Rupee up 15 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday rose by 15 paise to 54.06 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange as the US currency weakened against euro overseas amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market. Forex dealers said strength in euro against the US dollar overseas and increased capital inflows supported the rupee.
The rupee had closed 7 paise down at 54.21 against the dollar in the previous session on weakness in domestic equities amid strong dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 74.46 points, or 0.40 per cent, to 18,805.62 in early trade on Thursday.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma