DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up 6 paise vs dollar in early trade
Strengthening of euro and yen against the dollar in overseas market also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee on Monday gained six paise to 54.31 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on increased selling of the US currency by exporters.
Strengthening of euro and yen against the dollar in overseas market and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee, forex dealers said. The rupee had lost 15 paise to close at 54.37 on Friday on month-end dollar demand from importers and heavy capital outflows, amid weak local stocks.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 50.48 points, or 0.26 per cent, to 19,337.20 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835