DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee weakens further, down 13 paise against dollar
The rupee had on Thursday hit an all-time low of 59.93 intra-day, before the Reserve Bank stepped in to help the local currency recover some ground.
Mumbai: Continuing its slide, the rupee weakened further by 13 paise to trade at Rs 59.70 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday on sustained capital outflows and strong demand of the American currency from importers. However, the euro's gain against the US dollar overseas, capped rupee's loss.
The rupee had on Thursday hit an all-time low of 59.93 intra-day, before the Reserve Bank stepped in to help the local currency recover some ground. It had ended 87 paise down at 59.57 on hefty outflows.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex declined by 79.13 points, or 0.42 per cent, to 18,640.16.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics