Rupee weakens further, down 13 paise against dollar
The rupee had on Thursday hit an all-time low of 59.93 intra-day, before the Reserve Bank stepped in to help the local currency recover some ground.
Mumbai: Continuing its slide, the rupee weakened further by 13 paise to trade at Rs 59.70 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday on sustained capital outflows and strong demand of the American currency from importers. However, the euro's gain against the US dollar overseas, capped rupee's loss.
The rupee had on Thursday hit an all-time low of 59.93 intra-day, before the Reserve Bank stepped in to help the local currency recover some ground. It had ended 87 paise down at 59.57 on hefty outflows.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex declined by 79.13 points, or 0.42 per cent, to 18,640.16.
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali