Rupee weakens further, down 13 paise against dollar
The rupee had on Thursday hit an all-time low of 59.93 intra-day, before the Reserve Bank stepped in to help the local currency recover some ground.
Mumbai: Continuing its slide, the rupee weakened further by 13 paise to trade at Rs 59.70 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday on sustained capital outflows and strong demand of the American currency from importers. However, the euro's gain against the US dollar overseas, capped rupee's loss.
The rupee had on Thursday hit an all-time low of 59.93 intra-day, before the Reserve Bank stepped in to help the local currency recover some ground. It had ended 87 paise down at 59.57 on hefty outflows.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex declined by 79.13 points, or 0.42 per cent, to 18,640.16.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel