Rupee falls by 36 paise, hits 60.02 vs dollar
The euro slipped below 1.30 to the dollar. The dollar index was strong above 83.50 levels.
Mumbai: On Wednesday, the Indian rupee weakened further in morning trade, falling by 36 paise to 60.02 per dollar as against previous day's closing value of 59.66.
It was opened lower by 21 paise to 59.87 per dollar.
Pramit Brahmbhatt, Alpari said, "The rupee is likely to trade lower on a stronger dollar, weak domestic market and high dollar demand from importers. The range for the day is seen between 59.32-60.22/USD."
The euro slipped below 1.30 to the dollar. The dollar index was strong above 83.50 levels. Meanwhile, the dollar-yen inched to the 100 mark.
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India