Rupee falls by 36 paise, hits 60.02 vs dollar
The euro slipped below 1.30 to the dollar. The dollar index was strong above 83.50 levels.
Mumbai: On Wednesday, the Indian rupee weakened further in morning trade, falling by 36 paise to 60.02 per dollar as against previous day's closing value of 59.66.
It was opened lower by 21 paise to 59.87 per dollar.
Pramit Brahmbhatt, Alpari said, "The rupee is likely to trade lower on a stronger dollar, weak domestic market and high dollar demand from importers. The range for the day is seen between 59.32-60.22/USD."
The euro slipped below 1.30 to the dollar. The dollar index was strong above 83.50 levels. Meanwhile, the dollar-yen inched to the 100 mark.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction