Rupee Adds 6 Paise Against Dollar at 66.67
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Forex dealers said the dollar faced some headwinds against other currencies overseas after core US inflation rose less than forecast in September.
Continued inflows by foreign funds too supported the uptrend.
The rupee had gained 15 paise to end at 66.73 yesterday on fresh bout of dollar selling amid weak overseas sentiment.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex advanced 80.19 points, or 0.28 per cent, to 28,131.07 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Tahir and Ferguson Shine as Pune Humiliate Bangalore
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- IPL 2017: GL vs MI - Star of the Match - Jasprit Bumrah