Rupee Adds 6 Paise Against Dollar at 66.67
The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Forex dealers said the dollar faced some headwinds against other currencies overseas after core US inflation rose less than forecast in September.
Continued inflows by foreign funds too supported the uptrend.
The rupee had gained 15 paise to end at 66.73 yesterday on fresh bout of dollar selling amid weak overseas sentiment.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex advanced 80.19 points, or 0.28 per cent, to 28,131.07 in early trade on Wednesday.
|Bank of Baroda||183.55||+0.75||+0.41|
Recommended For You
- India vs Sri Lanka: Umpire Kettleborough Misses Third Day's Play
- Padmavati Row: Shabana Azmi Urges Film Industry to 'Boycott IFFI as a Protest Against the Threats to Deepika, Bhansali'
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- French Wine County Introduces Beef That'll Taste of Burgundy
- Chef Kunal Kapur Explores India Through Thalis in Latest Food Show