Rupee Adds 6 Paise Against Dollar at 66.67
The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Forex dealers said the dollar faced some headwinds against other currencies overseas after core US inflation rose less than forecast in September.
Continued inflows by foreign funds too supported the uptrend.
The rupee had gained 15 paise to end at 66.73 yesterday on fresh bout of dollar selling amid weak overseas sentiment.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex advanced 80.19 points, or 0.28 per cent, to 28,131.07 in early trade on Wednesday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,289.00||+47.45||+2.12|
Recommended For You
- UM Commando Classic and Mojave First Ride Review: Royal Enfield Rival, Finally?
- Jasprit Bumrah 'Spotted in Pakistan' During Independence Cup
- Is Your iPhone And iPad iOS 11 Compatible? See the List
- Elli Avrram Tells You About Exercises to Improve Flexibility
- A New Mother’s Guide: What To Do Once You Are Back Home With Your Baby