Rupee Advances 7 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, supported the rupee
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by another 7 paise to 64.55 against the dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange amid sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund
inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, which zoomed to new highs, supported the rupee.
On Thursday, the rupee had gained 11 paise against the US dollar to end at 64.62.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 68.67 points, or 0.22 per cent, to trade at new peak of 30,818.70, surpassing its previous record high of 30,793.43 touched on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Kolkata Derby Crucial in Terms of Title Race, Says East Bengal’s Katsumi Yusa
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- THE TIPPLING POINT | Can't Go to Finland? Bring it Home in This Carefully Sculpted Bottle
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- Scuba Diving in Puducherry: An Experience to Withhold!