Rupee close to record lows; current account data eyed
The rupee was trading at 59.65/67 to the dollar at 09.14 am, compared to its close of 59.27/28 on Friday.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened on Monday, hovering near a record low hit last week, as worries about China's economic and financial stability hit global risk assets, while caution prevailed ahead of current account deficit data due this week.
India is due to report January-March current account deficit data on Friday. The country's deficit has been a key source of stress in the rupee.
The rupee was trading at 59.65/67 to the dollar at 09.14 am, compared to its close of 59.27/28 on Friday. It had hit a record low of 59.9850 on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology