Rupee Cracks 68-level, Tumbles 32 Paise against US Dollar
Foreign fund outflows kept pressure on the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee took a sharp plunge of 32 paise to crash below the 68-mark against the US dollar in early trade on Friday on higher dollar demand from importers after the American currency strengthened overseas coupled with lower opening in the domestic stock market.
Dealers said dollar's strengthening against rivals overseas following hints of interest rate hike in December from US Federal Reserve chief Janet Yellen also weighed on the domestic currency.
Besides, foreign fund outflows kept pressure on the rupee, they added.
The rupee had staged a smart rebound against the US dollar to end higher by 12 paise at 67.82 in yesterday's trade on fresh selling of the greenback by exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex was trading lower by 49.21 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 26,178.41 in early session.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly