Rupee Cracks 68-level, Tumbles 32 Paise against US Dollar
Foreign fund outflows kept pressure on the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee took a sharp plunge of 32 paise to crash below the 68-mark against the US dollar in early trade on Friday on higher dollar demand from importers after the American currency strengthened overseas coupled with lower opening in the domestic stock market.
Dealers said dollar's strengthening against rivals overseas following hints of interest rate hike in December from US Federal Reserve chief Janet Yellen also weighed on the domestic currency.
Besides, foreign fund outflows kept pressure on the rupee, they added.
The rupee had staged a smart rebound against the US dollar to end higher by 12 paise at 67.82 in yesterday's trade on fresh selling of the greenback by exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex was trading lower by 49.21 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 26,178.41 in early session.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show