Rupee Down 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee lost 13 paise against the dollar to 64.71 in early trade on Thursday on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the US currency overseas.
Representative image. (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: The rupee lost 13 paise against the dollar to 64.71 in early trade on Thursday on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the US currency overseas.
Increased demand for the dollar from importers also put pressure on the rupee.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to dollar gains against other currencies overseas but a higher opening of the domestic equity market capped the fall.
on Wednesday, the rupee had gained 5 paise to close at 64.58 a dollar on fresh selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose 63.57 points, or 0.22 per cent, at 29,400 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Tendulkar Writes to Modi, Asks For Inclusion of International Medalists in CGHS
- Sooraj Pancholi Rubbishes Reports of Salman Khan Bashing Sushant Singh Rajput
- In Between Ashes Action, Australian Stars Try Out 'Bucket Crowns'
- TVS Apache RR 310 First Ride Review: Mighty Impressive and Great Value for Money
- India's First Tech And Auto Awards 2017: Watch Now