Rupee Down 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee lost 13 paise against the dollar to 64.71 in early trade on Thursday on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the US currency overseas.
Representative image. (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: The rupee lost 13 paise against the dollar to 64.71 in early trade on Thursday on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the US currency overseas.
Increased demand for the dollar from importers also put pressure on the rupee.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to dollar gains against other currencies overseas but a higher opening of the domestic equity market capped the fall.
on Wednesday, the rupee had gained 5 paise to close at 64.58 a dollar on fresh selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose 63.57 points, or 0.22 per cent, at 29,400 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Pakistan's Mohammad Hafeez Reported for Suspect Bowling Action
- Secret Superstar Is More Than Just a Story of Dreams and Passion, Here's Why
- Diwali 2017: Here's How TV Celebs Plan to Celebrate the Festival of Lights
- Diwali 2017: Gift Yourself A Healthier & Longer Life This Festive Season
- Diwali 2017: An Illustrated Story of The Origins of Diwali