Rupee Down 6 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File Photo of a man carrying bundles of Indian currency. (Representative image)
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 6 paise to 67.08 against the dollar in early trade on Wednesday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on month-end demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said strength in the dollar against some other currencies overseas also weighed on the rupee but a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
On Tuesday, the rupee had gained 16 paise to close at 67.02, its highest level in a month, on heavy selling of the greenback by exporters and banks.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 131.37 points or 0.46 per cent to 28,474.38 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa