Rupee Down 9 Paise Against Dollar at 64.65
Image for representative purposes only
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 9 paise to 64.65 against the dollar in early trade on Friday at the Inter- bank Foreign Exchange market on increased demand for the American currency from importers and banks.
Dealers said a firm dollar against some global currencies overseas also weighed on the rupee but a higher opening of the domestic equity market capped the fall.
The rupee edged higher by 2 paise against the American unit to close at 64.56 in yesterday's trade on emergence of mild selling of the American greenback by banks and exporters. Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rallied 161.95 points, or 0.55 per cent, to 29,584.34 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- LG G6 First Impressions Review: The V20 Facelift Seems Unconvincing
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It