Rupee Drops 29 Paise Against dollar in Early Trade
The rupee was trading lower by 29 paise at 66.82 against the American currency in early trade on Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market as the dollar strengthened overseas amid a lower opening of the domestic equity market.
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee was trading lower by 29 paise at 66.82 against the American currency in early trade on Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market as the dollar strengthened overseas amid a lower opening of the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said increased demand for the US currency from importers and the greenback's gains against other currencies overseas after minutes of the Federal Reserves last meeting pointed at an interest rate hike this year, put pressure on the rupee.
On Monday, the rupee had gained 15 paise to end at 66.53 against the American currency on hopes of more foreign capital inflows.
Forex market remained closed on Tuesday and Wednesday on account of Dussehra and Muharram, respectively. Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 265.21 points, or 0.94 per cent, to 27,817.13 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2017 Live Score: Australia vs England 1st Test Day 3, Brisbane: Smith Ton Edges Oz Closer to Lead
- I-League 2017: 11th Edition Set to Test Indian Football’s Bench Strength
- It's Time to Leave the Party, Says Hugh Jackman on 'Logan'
- Lionel Messi Receives 4th Golden Shoe as Europe's Top Scorer, Equals Ronaldo
- Jeep Recalls 1200 Compass SUV's in India Over Faulty Airbags