Rupee Edges up 3 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee made a tepid start on Wednesday by recovering a mere 3 paise to 64.05 against the dollar. Banks and exporters got into fresh selling of the US currency, which lost ground overseas too.
Mumbai: The rupee made a tepid start on Wednesday by recovering a mere 3 paise to 64.05 against the dollar. Banks and exporters got into fresh selling of the US currency, which lost ground overseas too.
What kept the rupee gains on a leash was a muted opening in domestic equities. On Tuesday, the rupee had closed lower by 3 paise at 64.08 on fresh spell of dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex fell 57.74 points, or 0.18 per cent, at 30,524.86 in early session on Wednesday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,457.75||-28.80||-1.16|
Recommended For You
- PM Modi Writes to BCCI; Asks Indian Team To Do Their Bit for Swachh India
- GQ Men of the Year Awards: Aamir, Ranveer, Anushka Turn Heads At The Event
- ASEAN-India Artists' Camp: Bringing Together Art, Culture and Traditions of 11 Countries
- Kuldeep Hat-trick Reminds Harbhajan of his Own Achievement
- Breaking Myths With Mandira Bedi: Crunches Are The Key To Get Flat Abs