Rupee Edges up 3 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee made a tepid start on Wednesday by recovering a mere 3 paise to 64.05 against the dollar. Banks and exporters got into fresh selling of the US currency, which lost ground overseas too.
Mumbai: The rupee made a tepid start on Wednesday by recovering a mere 3 paise to 64.05 against the dollar. Banks and exporters got into fresh selling of the US currency, which lost ground overseas too.
What kept the rupee gains on a leash was a muted opening in domestic equities. On Tuesday, the rupee had closed lower by 3 paise at 64.08 on fresh spell of dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex fell 57.74 points, or 0.18 per cent, at 30,524.86 in early session on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: This Is What Hina Has To Say About Her Marriage Plans With Boyfriend Rocky
- New Zealand vs Pakistan, 4th ODI at Hamilton, Highlights: As it Happened
- Now, Kevin Spacey Accused of Being a Racist
- Delhi to Agra Weekend Getaway in BMW 3-Series - Yamuna Expressway vs NH2
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut Look Spectacular In Sabyasachi Sarees; See Pics