Rupee Edges Up 7 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee edged higher by 7 paise to 66.52 against the dollar today on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks ahead of RBI policy meet scheduled later in the day.
A man counting money at his workplace.
Mumbai: The rupee edged higher by 7 paise to 66.52 against the dollar on Tuesday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks ahead of RBI policy meet scheduled later in the day.
Forex dealers said a higher opening of the domestic equity market supported the rupee, but strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas backed by improving prospects of a US rate hike capped the gains.
Yesterday, the rupee strengthened by 2 paise to close at 66.59 against the dollar on mild selling of the American unit by banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was up 159.36 points, or 0.56 per cent, at 28,402.65 in early trade.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,457.75||-28.80||-1.16|
Recommended For You
- Tata Nexon Compact SUV – All You Need to Know, Prices, Variants, Features and Mileage
- Ranbir-Mahira's New Photos Reignite Romance Rumours; Twitter Reacts
- Kuldeep Hat-trick Reminds Harbhajan of his Own Achievement
- Breaking Myths With Mandira Bedi: Crunches Are The Key To Get Flat Abs
- 10 Best Crime Thrillers That Promise Goosebumps And Excitement