Rupee Edges Up 7 Paise Against Dollar
A man counting money at his workplace.
Mumbai: The rupee edged higher by 7 paise to 66.52 against the dollar on Tuesday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks ahead of RBI policy meet scheduled later in the day.
Forex dealers said a higher opening of the domestic equity market supported the rupee, but strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas backed by improving prospects of a US rate hike capped the gains.
Yesterday, the rupee strengthened by 2 paise to close at 66.59 against the dollar on mild selling of the American unit by banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was up 159.36 points, or 0.56 per cent, at 28,402.65 in early trade.
- Pep Guardiola Denies Trying to Take Messi, Neymar to Manchester City
- Big B, Manoj Bajpayee, Jackie Shroff: Meet The Starcast of Sarkar 3
- Neymar Remains Unapologetic for His Style, Despite Criticism
- Neymar To Return Soon To Barcelona
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate