Rupee Falls 25 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
(Image only for representational purpose)
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 25 paise to 66.93 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market today, falling for the third straight session, as the dollar firmed up against some currencies overseas amid a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said apart from sustained demand for the American currency from importers, foreign fund outflows and dollar's gains against other currencies overseas, also weighed on the rupee.
On Friday, the local currency had plummeted by 26 paise to end at 66.68, posting its biggest single-day drop in five weeks, on renewed demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex tanked 545.94 points, or 1.89 per cent, to 28,251.31 in the opening trade.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Effect: Vodafone Offering 4GB Data for The Price of 1GB and More
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment