Rupee Falls 25 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
(Image only for representational purpose)
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 25 paise to 66.93 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market today, falling for the third straight session, as the dollar firmed up against some currencies overseas amid a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said apart from sustained demand for the American currency from importers, foreign fund outflows and dollar's gains against other currencies overseas, also weighed on the rupee.
On Friday, the local currency had plummeted by 26 paise to end at 66.68, posting its biggest single-day drop in five weeks, on renewed demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex tanked 545.94 points, or 1.89 per cent, to 28,251.31 in the opening trade.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Sunderland Relegated from Premier League After 10 Seasons
- IPL 2017: GL vs MI - Star of the Match - Jasprit Bumrah