Rupee falls to one-week low vs dollar
The rupee on Friday again breached the 56-mark by losing 31 paise to 56.15 against the US dollar.
Mumbai: The rupee on Friday again breached the 56-mark by losing 31 paise to 56.15 against the US dollar in early trade to hit a fresh one-week low, due to strong demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Besides, the euro stayed bearish against other currencies in overseas markets after taking a hit from the European Central Bank's announcement of no immediate measures to fight the debt crisis, dealers said.
The rupee had lost 37 paise to close at a one-week low of 55.84 on Thursday against the US currency following fresh dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex fell by 115.95 points, or 0.67 per cent, to 17,108.41 in early trade.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin