DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee falls to one-week low vs dollar
The rupee on Friday again breached the 56-mark by losing 31 paise to 56.15 against the US dollar.
Mumbai: The rupee on Friday again breached the 56-mark by losing 31 paise to 56.15 against the US dollar in early trade to hit a fresh one-week low, due to strong demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Besides, the euro stayed bearish against other currencies in overseas markets after taking a hit from the European Central Bank's announcement of no immediate measures to fight the debt crisis, dealers said.
The rupee had lost 37 paise to close at a one-week low of 55.84 on Thursday against the US currency following fresh dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex fell by 115.95 points, or 0.67 per cent, to 17,108.41 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Reacts to Ariana Grande Concert Terror Attack
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017