Rupee Further Recovers From All-Time Low, Regains 9 Paise
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee strengthened further from early gains by 30 paise to 68.43 against the American currency in late morning deals in sustained bouts of dollar selling from banks and exporters amid higher domestic equites.
The rupee opened a tad higher at 68.72 per dollar as against Thursday’s closing of 68.73 at the Interank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market.
Later, the volatile rupee hovered between 68.80 and 68.30 before quoting at 68.43 at 1030 hrs on persistent selling of dollar by banks.
The dollar Index was trading lower by 0.05 per cent at 101.64 against a basket of six currencies.
Overseas, the US dollar was largely mixed against basket of currencies in early Asian trade, though it rose to an 8-month high against the yen as US bond yields resumed their rise in Asia after the Thanksgiving break shut markets in the United States.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading higher at 234.36 points or 0.91 per cent at 26,094.53 at 1050 hrs.
Recommended For You
- Pacer Sreesanth Denied NOC to Play in Scotland League
- Honor 6X Review: It Has All The SWAG That It Promises in Rs 12,999
- Australian Open 2017: Roger Federer Masterclass Floors Mischa Zverev
- Yamaha FZ 25 Launched at Rs 1.19 lakh, Gets a 249cc Engine and Bold Styling
- Saina Nehwal And Yuvraj Singh's Twitter Chat Is All About Mutual Admiration