Rupee Gains 11 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee rose by 11 paise to trade at 66.56 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the forex market on increased selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Besides, sustained foreign fund inflows, weakness of the dollar against other currencies overseas after last week's softer-than-forecast US jobs data, and a higher opening in the domestic equity market boosted the rupee value against the
dollar, forex dealers said.
The rupee had ended marginally higher by 1 paisa at 66.67 in Friday's trade.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded by 155.50 points or 0.55 per cent to 28,216.64 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- Alia-Sidharth Look Smitten as They Arrive For a Wedding Reception Together
- Can Team England Break the Eden Gardens Jinx?
- Brendon McCullum Foxed by a Chewing Gum