Rupee Gains 11 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee rose by 11 paise to trade at 66.56 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee rose by 11 paise to trade at 66.56 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the forex market on increased selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Besides, sustained foreign fund inflows, weakness of the dollar against other currencies overseas after last week's softer-than-forecast US jobs data, and a higher opening in the domestic equity market boosted the rupee value against the
dollar, forex dealers said.
The rupee had ended marginally higher by 1 paisa at 66.67 in Friday's trade.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded by 155.50 points or 0.55 per cent to 28,216.64 in early trade.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,457.75||-28.80||-1.16|
Recommended For You
- Gambhir Steps Down From Captaincy, Ishant to Lead Delhi
- Micromax Canvas Infinity Review: Most Affordable Bezel-Less Smartphone
- How Microsoft Helped Boost Renault Sport F1 Team’s Prowess
- Tata Nexon Undercuts Maruti Vitara Brezza by Rs 1.5 Lakhs
- 10 Best Crime Thrillers That Promise Goosebumps And Excitement