Rupee Gains 11 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee rose by 11 paise to trade at 66.56 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee rose by 11 paise to trade at 66.56 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the forex market on increased selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Besides, sustained foreign fund inflows, weakness of the dollar against other currencies overseas after last week's softer-than-forecast US jobs data, and a higher opening in the domestic equity market boosted the rupee value against the
dollar, forex dealers said.
The rupee had ended marginally higher by 1 paisa at 66.67 in Friday's trade.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded by 155.50 points or 0.55 per cent to 28,216.64 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- No Guarantees on Selection Because of Our Bench Strength, Warns Kohli
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- 29 Years On, Gulzar's Libaas To Finally Hit Theatres This Year
- Simran: Kangana Ranaut's New Song Pinjra Tod Ke Will Uplift Your Spirit