Rupee Gains 14 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
A man counting money at his workplace.
Mumbai: The rupee firmed up 14 paise to 66.81 against the dollar in early trade on Friday, rising for a fourth straight day on increased selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against some other currencies overseas ahead of a crucial US jobs report supported the rupee.
Further, a higher opening in the domestic equity market gave the uptrend some momentum, they added.
The rupee gained a paisa against the US currency to end at 66.95 in Thursday's trade despite weak macro-economic data.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 102.39 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,525.87 in early trade today.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility