DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee Gains 14 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
A man counting money at his workplace.
Mumbai: The rupee firmed up 14 paise to 66.81 against the dollar in early trade on Friday, rising for a fourth straight day on increased selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against some other currencies overseas ahead of a crucial US jobs report supported the rupee.
Further, a higher opening in the domestic equity market gave the uptrend some momentum, they added.
The rupee gained a paisa against the US currency to end at 66.95 in Thursday's trade despite weak macro-economic data.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 102.39 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,525.87 in early trade today.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances