Rupee Gains 15 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee strengthened by 15 paise to 64.49 per dollar in early trade on selling of the US dollar by banks and exporters.
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee strengthened by 15 paise to 64.49 per dollar in early trade on selling of the US dollar by banks and exporters.
Stock markets opened on a firm note which supported the rupee in early trade, dealers said.
However, the US dollar's strength against major goobal currencies overseas capped the rupee's gain, they added.
The rupee had closed with gains of 20 paise at 64.64 a dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on Friday.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex surged by 227.44 points, or 0.75 per cent, to 30,692.36 in early trade.
|Bank of Baroda||183.55||+0.75||+0.41|
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone On Padmavati Row: I Feel Hurt, I Feel Angry
- South African Batsman Smashes 490 Runs in 50-over Match
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Chef Kunal Kapur Explores India Through Thalis in Latest Food Show
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR