Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Parvez Rasool Eager to Learn Tricks from Ravichandran Ashwin
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More