Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,381.35||-22.15||-0.92|
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire vs Tata Tigor Comparison Review: David vs Goliath?
- Prithvi Shines as Board President XI Post Comfortable Win Over NZ
- iPhone 8 Plus: Three Reasons To Buy it Now And Two To Skip
- Kareena-Saif Visit Soha On Their Wedding Anniversary
- Celebrating The Deep, Majestic Baritone of Amitabh Bachchan