Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits