Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- ROAD TO TOKYOMary Kom Lightens Up to Punch Hard, Goes Back to Light Flyweight
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story