Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- No Guarantees on Selection Because of Our Bench Strength, Warns Kohli
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- 29 Years On, Gulzar's Libaas To Finally Hit Theatres This Year
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations
- Pro Kabaddi 2017: Haryana Steelers Edge UP Yoddha 36-29 With Final Flourish