Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Karun Nair to be Dropped for Test Series Against Sri Lanka?
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Niranjan Shah's Appointment Divides BCCI Panel on Lodha Reforms
- Rajinikanth to Discuss Political Plans With Amitabh Bachchan?
- Steve Smith Gets Engaged as Battle With Cricket Australia Worsens