Rupee Higher by 12 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated 12 paise to 66.76 against the US dollar on Tuesday, propped up by fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
According to dealers, weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on unexpected fall in a US manufacturing index made the rupee stronger.
The local currency received a shot in the arm after stocks started the day on a positive note.
On Monday, the rupee ended lower by 17 paise at 66.88 due to heavy dollar demand from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rebounded 207.64 points, or 0.75 per cent, at 27,737.61 in early trade on Tuesday.
|Power Grid Corp||198.85||-1.25||-0.62|
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo Wants Guard of Honour for Real Madrid From Barcelona Before El Clasico
- Ravi Shastri Exclusive: "Both Me and Virat Play to Win"
- Watch: Even Jacqueline Can't Help But Admire Taimur's Overspilling Cuteness
- THE TIPPLING POINT | A Bohemian Affair: The Genesis of Pilsner in Three Acts
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?