DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee Reclaims 3 Paise Against US Dollar
Representative image (PTI)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered some lost ground to trade higher by 3 paise at 64.49 against the US currency in early trade on Tuesday after exporters and banks stepped up dollar selling.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against its key rivals overseas gave some support to the rupee.
Further, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also influenced the forex market trend, they added.
on Monday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.52 on fresh bouts of dollar demand from importers amid continued geo-political headwinds.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 168.39 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 29,582.05 in early trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup