Rupee Recoups 5 Paise Against Dollar
Representative image. (Image: REUTERS)
Mumbai: The rupee edged higher by 5 paise to 68.71 against the US dollar at the forex market in early trade on Tuesday on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
The rupee on Monday had tumbled by 30 paise to end at a fresh 2016 low of 68.76. It had hit an intraday low of 68.80 mainly due to deteriorating sentiment and worsening impact of fund outflows. The rupee has shed 3.95 per cent of its value since the beginning of 2016.
Weakness of the dollar against some currencies overseas and early gains in the domestic equity market supported the rupee today, dealers said.
Foreign investors have pulled out close to USD 5 billion from the capital markets in November so far amid concerns over the impact of demonetisation mingled with an imminent rate hike by the US Federal Reserve.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading higher by 108.84 points, or 0.41 per cent, at 26,459.01 in early trade today.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8+: What's The Difference?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21