Rupee Slips After Early Recovery, Down 7 Paise
The rupee edged higher by 7 paise to 68.09 against the US dollar at the forex market in early trade today on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee slipped from its initial recovery, dropping 7 paise to Rs 68.23 in late morning deals following bouts of dollar demand from importers despite higher domestic equities.
The rupee opened higher at 68.13 per dollar as against last yesterday's closing level of 68.16 at the Interank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market.
Later, it hovered in the range of 68.24 to 68.09 per dollar during the morning deals, it was quoting 68.23 at 1030 hours.
The dollar Index is trading down by 0.01 percent at 100.87 against a basket of six currencies.
Overseas, the US dollar took a breather against basket currencies in early Asian trade, as investors consolidated the gains built on expectations of increased fiscal spending and higher inflation under a Trump administration.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading higher by 83.75 points or 0.33 per cent at 25,848.89 at 1050 hrs.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,030.95||+46.80||+2.36|
Recommended For You
- These 62 Phones Are Expected to Get Google Android 8.0 Oreo Update Soon
- All-New Hyundai Verna 2017 – Top 5 Things to Know – Price, Variants & More
- Rohit Sharma Needs Some Magic to Break His Sri Lanka Jinx
- Manish Malhotra On Fashion, Cinema and The Unapologetic Glamour Of His Label
- I Don't Wish to Die and Abandon my Mother